Everyone who has experienced bad breakouts has tried using acne home remedies on their faces. It should also be noted that results vary from person to person as no skin type and condition is exactly the same. Some of them may have noticed significant changes and some can have no luck with these products too. From anti-acne agents to acne scar cream, there are countless acne home remedies that people from all over the world have discovered.
The Most Common Acne Home Remedies
- A Steady Face Routine. This is quite obvious. One of the root causes of acne is clogged pores due to oil and dirt. One way of preventing this from happening is by keeping your face clean and sticking to a regimen that works for you. Try these three basic steps: cleanse, tone and moisturize.
- Toothpaste. Experts say toothpaste can be an effective remedy for acne because of its properties that dry out the affected area and reduce inflammation. You just have to choose the toothpaste properly as there are some variants that contain chemicals which are too harsh for your skin.
- Baking Soda. This product is oftentimes found in the kitchen, but it has amazing properties that exfoliate your skin to get rid of dead skin cells and impurities.
- Lemon Juice. What’s good about this fruit extract is that it contains antioxidants that literally make your skin look better. Either take it by mouth or apply it to your skin.
- Tea Tree Oil. This oil has natural antibiotic and antifungal properties which prevent your pimples from getting infected.
Acne Home Remedies: Do They Really Work?
Everyone is unique, right? That is why there is no absolute cure for acne. Your skin’s condition is different from everyone else. In order to find the most effective cure for acne and its aftermath, you need to explore all possible options. If you think you’ve been stricken with a severe case of this skin problem, go ask your doctor and he/she will be the one to tell you if it’s okay to use home remedies for your problem.
Take note that acne home remedies may have allergenic elements too. For instance, you may develop hypersensitivity while applying lemon juice or toothpaste on your skin. To be sure, you can perform an allergy test. Simply test a patch of your skin, especially the back of your elbow and apply your prepared acne remedy.
Are there acne home remedies to remove acne scars?
Your acne problem does not stop at the healing process. After all your pimples have dried out, you may notice some acne scars. Some people resort to laser treatments and chemical peels, but these tend to be too harsh. Try using a natural microdermabrasion scrub that exfoliate using natural ingredients. Yes, it may take long before you can see drastic results, but you need to be patient. At least you’re using something made from natural ingredients, and not something too harsh — which can damage your skin in the long run.
Acne home remedies are easily accessible. If your dermatologist allows it, try it for your skin and see an improvement. But if you want to achieve more results, invest on a good quality skincare regimen that is guaranteed to be effective. It doesn’t have to be made with harsh chemicals too. There are tons of products out there that are made with all-organic ingredients that safely and effectively heal and protect your skin.