Olive oil is one of the most mainstream natural products because it is known to have a very high nutritional value since its discovery thousands of years ago. Olive oil benefits are derived from the crop of the olive tree, a native of the Mediterranean Basin.
The Ancient Olive Oil Applications
For thousands of years, olive oil has been used as a home remedy for skin care. Here are some ancient uses of olive oil:
* Egyptians used it with beeswax as a cleanser, moisturizer, and an antibacterial.
* In Ancient Greece, olive oil was used for a massage — they used olive oil to prevent sports injuries, relieve muscle strain and fatigue, and eliminate lactic acid buildup.
* Ancient Egyptians, Greeks, and Romans didn’t have soap back in the day, so they applied olive oil to their skin and scraped off the dirt afterward.
Olive Oil Benefits for the Skin
1. Olive oil is a perfect skin moisturizer because it hydrates your skin while sealing its natural moisture barrier. For face and neck application and other rough areas like elbows and knees.
2. Olive oil works great as an antibacterial. Olive oil kills the bacteria like psoriasis and rosacea virus, while moisturizing and soothes the itchiness and irritation caused by eczema.
3. It also works great as a makeup remover. It gently removes makeup while nourishing the skin. To do this, apply a bit of olive oil on a cotton pad and gently wipe away the makeup from your face. A few swipes can remove even the toughest eyeshadow and mascara.
4. Oil cleansing method: This method is based on the chemistry rule of “like dissolves like” — in this case, oil dissolves oil. After washing your face with hot water, apply oil, massage it for 1-2 minutes and then wipe off with a warm washcloth after a massage.
5. Simply combine coarse sugar with a little olive oil to fix your chapped lips and improve your confidence. You can do the same for other rough areas of your body.
6. One of the olive oil benefits, it has a strong regenerative power. It can prevent and lighten scars and stretch marks. It can also increase your skin’s elasticity.
7. Olive oil is rich in healthy fats and antioxidants. It is a rich source of folic acids, and vitamin E. It helps get rid of free radicals and repairs the damage from sun exposure. With continued use, you’ll have rejuvenated and glowing skin.
Derma Change Skin Treat facial moisturizer is made with food-grade organic ingredients like olive oil. It moisturizes and softens while repairing damaged skin.