Olive oil is one of the most mainstream natural products because it is known to have a very high nutritional value since its discovery thousands of years ago. Olive oil is derived from the crop of the olive tree, a native of the Mediterranean Basin.
For thousands of years, olive oil has been used as a home remedy for skin care. Here are some ancient uses of olive oil:
* Egyptians used it with beeswax as a cleanser, moisturizer and an antibacterial.
* In ancient Greece, olive oil was used for massage — they used olive oil to prevent sports injuries, relieve muscle strain and fatigue, and eliminate lactic acid buildup.
* Ancient Egyptians, Greeks and Romans didn’t have soap back in the day so they applied olive oil to their skin and scraped off the dirt afterward.
Benefits of Olive Oil for the Skin:
1. Olive oil is a perfect skin moisturizer because it hydrates your skin while sealing its natural moisture barrier. It can be applied on your face and neck, as well as rough areas like elbows and knees.
2. Olive oil works great as an antibacterial. Eczema or atopic dermatitis is aggravated by Staphylococcus aureus bacteria. Olive oil kills the bacteria while moisturizing and soothing the itchiness and irritation caused by eczema.
3. It also works great as a makeup remover. It gently removes makeup while nourishing the skin. To do this, apply a little bit of olive oil on a cotton pad and gently wipe away the makeup from your face. A few swipes can remove even the toughest eyeshadow and mascara.
4. Oil cleansing method: This method is based on the chemistry rule of “like dissolves like” — in this case, oil dissolves oil. After washing your face with hot water, apply oil, massage it for 1-2 minutes and then wipe off with a warm washcloth after massage.
5. Olive oil can be used as a lip scrub as well. Simply combine coarse sugar with a little olive oil to fix your chapped lips. You can do the same for other rough areas of your body.
6. Olive oil has a strong regenerative power. It can prevent and lighten scars and stretch marks. It can also increase your skin’s elasticity.
7. Olive oil is rich is healthy fats and antioxidants. It is a rich source of squalene, oleic acids, and vitamin E. It helps get rid of free radicals and repairs the damage from sun exposure. With continued use, you’ll have rejuvenated and glowing skin.
Derma Change Skin Treat facial moisturizer is made with food-grade organic ingredients like olive oil. It moisturizes and softens while repairing damaged skin.